Classic Shell has been in active development for 6 years and has tens of millions of downloads.
Classic Shell is a collection of features that were available in older versions of Windows but are removed from Vista and Windows 7. It has a classic start menu for Windows 7. It adds a toolbar for Windows Explorer. Classic Shell adds some missing features to Windows 8.1, 7 and Vista like a classic start menu, toolbar for Explorer and others.
Classic Shell™ is free software that improves your productivity, enhances the usability of Windows and empowers you to use the computer the way you like it.
Some of the features & benefits are:
- Highly customizable start menu with multiple styles and skins.
- Quick access to recent, frequently-used, or pinned programs.
- Find programs, settings, files and documents.
- Start button for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Toolbar and status bar for Windows Explorer.
Classic Shell works on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and their server counterparts (Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016). Both 32 and 64-bit versions are supported. The same installer works for all versions.
Note: Windows RT is not supported..
NOTICE: The external links will open a connection to a third-party site. ESL cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.